Get to know me with Leonor

Dear readers,

My name is Leonor Guise Carvalho, I’m a volunteer from Portugal. I wanted to present myself a little bit, because I see that “openness” is what connect people and inspire one another! So, I can tell you that I studied theatre in my hometown Porto, mostly because I found out in theatre a space to express myself freely. I worked as an actress, as theatre teacher, producer and creator in Portugal and I also had a lot of different jobs, like a hostess, a promoter, babysitter, worker in the supermarket, secretary, and others, which gave me a lot of notions on how to work with people and in the knowledge of the world itself. So, by now, maybe you can see that I really like to work with people alongside with expressing and creating!

So… how did I end up here in Pomiechowék? Basically, I was feeling like something was missing in my career path. Someone told me that, in order to have a joyful career, we should gather the dreams you had when you were a kid, and the aims you have as an adult. I remember that when I was a kid I really wanted to have the power to give to the starving kids around the world the possibility to taste Coca-Cola and chocolates, because in that time, I didn’t want only to take the starve out of them but also to give them the joy that this things also used to give me! (innocent Leonor, I know… but I was a kid!) gathering that with what I wanted now, I started thinking that I really wanted to give free access to culture and arts to everyone. Not so much anymore about Coca-Cola and chocolates, I leave that for other times now...

Based on this, I started looking for volunteering opportunitites and I found out this European Solidarity Corps programms... and here I am!


I’m here since January, and I had my ups and downs, my life always feels like a rollercoaster. I can tell you more about it in the next few posts, because yes, I will be around writing – this is another thing that I really like to do! What about you? Do you remember which dreams you had about future as a kid? And do you have anything that you really like to do now?

If you want to share something, know more about me, my work or volunteering itself, write to us! I answer with great pleasure. And hope you stick around and like my posts, because for sure I like to do them!

Oh, and because I always like to see people when i know them, here I am!




XX,

Leonor

Popular posts from this blog

New volunteer in Pomiechówek!

Polish and the Origin of European Languages

Reading in kindergarten