volunteer 2021-2022 !



CZEŚĆ !

I'm Chléo, my mother in Hungarian, my father is Spanish. I lived for 18 years in Valencia in Spain, but I moved to Toulouse (France) for my studies. I studied a multidisciplinary course with literature, mathematics, sociology, economy, history, geography, philosophy and English and Spanish actuality. 

Since really like books I decided to work as a volunteer in a library. But for me volunteering was also about moving to a new country and discover a whole new culture with its language, life style, arts, beliefs and traditions. That's how I ended up in Pomiechówek.

 Pomiechówek's park



After living in big cities I enjoy being in a smaller town. Moreover if I miss the big city atmosphere I can go to Warsaw which is only 40 minutes away by train.

Warsaw


Warsaw

Warsaw


During the first days we settled in, with my flatmate Nicole in Elźbieta's house, our land lady. We the met the other volunteers from the Stowarzysznie Promocji Wolontariatu organisation. They work in different towns and I can not wait to visit them so I can see them again and discover more about Poland too ! We stayed in a big house hosted by a very nice couple, who cooked for us so delicious food. We did some games to get to know each other and some training for our volunteering project. After all that settling in I could start my work in the library !

all the volunteers during the on-arrival training 

I really like seeing how a library work, starting with the practical things such as : covering books, taking pictures of the new books and promoting them in Facebook.

but also more theoretical things as : how the library finance itself, where do they order the books...

Since I started one week ago, I'm not having any polish lessons yet but I can not wait to start. During this week I tried my best to talk to the land lady using drawings, gestures, writing and some online translator because she only talks in polish. She taught me some new words and made me discover some traditional dishes.    

do widzenia !

Popular posts from this blog

New volunteer in Pomiechówek!

Polish and the Origin of European Languages

Reading in kindergarten